Much has already been said before us about the exactingness of the peach, but gardeners are ready to forgive this culture not only whimsicality for its delicious fragrant fruits. Unfortunately, these wonderful fruits are loved not only by adults and children, but also by a large number of pests that have to be dealt with. What effective methods and tools are ready to help you in this matter, and what is the additional spring care for the peach tree?
Timing and means for processing
Experienced gardeners know how important it is to cultivate fruit trees in spring. After all, timely spraying of a peach will help to qualitatively fight pests and diseases, which often interfere with the normal growth and development of a crop, and also greatly reduce its yield. Spring processing is preferable for a peach tree with a dense luxurious crown, but others need it just as well. Why is it necessary to process the crop in the spring? Because after winter, the pests wake up and rush to harm the peaches, therefore, spraying is advised to be carried out before the appearance of the first leaves, ideally, before the buds swell.
When, for a number of reasons, it is not possible to perform treatment in time to prevent diseases and pests in spring, it can be done before flowering. Spraying a peach in spring with a Bordeaux liquid has proven itself excellent. In addition to treating each peach tree in the spring from troubles in the form of scab, as well as other pests and extremely unpleasant diseases, it is customary to spray it for curliness. For these purposes, it is good to use 300 grams of copper sulfate and 400 grams of lime diluted in 10 liters of water.
When the peach enters the growing season in spring, it is recommended to use a solution prepared from 150 grams of lime and 100 grams of vitriol, diluted in 10 liters of water. Before spraying trees with Bordeaux liquid from diseases and parasites, it is necessary to prepare a solution in any container, except for iron. To do this, each drug should be dissolved separately from the others and slowly pour the vitriol solution into the lime in a thin stream. Store-bought preparations such as Topaz or Cuproxat also work well against curly leaves.
When properly prepared, the Bordeaux mixture will turn out to be light blue. And with the help of a special indicator, you can also check whether the indicator of its acidity is neutral. In this case, the litmus paper immersed in the liquid should not change its color. At home, testing can be done using a regular nail. The solution can be used if copper does not settle on the nail immersed in it. This means that there is enough lime in it and that the processing of fruit crops can be carried out. It is advisable to spray with a freshly prepared solution in the spring, since after a day it will begin to lose its properties. But even then it can be "refreshed" by adding about 10 grams of sugar to every 10 liters of water.
Treatment in spring with a solution of colloidal sulfur or freshly slaked lime will help well against perforated spotting. Against the pests that appeared during the formation of buds such as caterpillars, silkworms, sawflies, it is advised to use the drug Bi-58 or decis. These measures are effective only if the trees were not previously sprayed with the same substances during bud emergence. If last season the crops suffered from scab, coccomycosis, rust, after the end of flowering, the tree can be processed again. According to generally accepted norms, spraying a peach with Bordeaux 3% liquid in early spring after flowering is considered mandatory, and two weeks later with a solution made with the addition of 40 grams of zineb to 10 liters of water.
Also, the treatment in the above terms with a solution prepared on the basis of wood ash has proven itself well. You need to add one fourth of the ash, water to the bucket, boil for about an hour, then cool and pass through the filter. From the resulting liquid, then take half a liter, which is mixed with ten liters of plain water. The solution is ready to use and can be stored (undiluted) for about three months.
Standard peach pruning scheme
In addition to the timely processing of the peach with special preparations, it is important to control the growth of its branches and regularly take measures to remove excess ovaries, as well as fragments of unnecessary growth. Since this culture tends to grow rapidly, an excessively fast crown formation is quite possible. If you correctly remove the extra ovaries, then in the fall you can get new viable shoots that are able to winter with honor. When thinning, remember that the fruits should be on the branches at a distance of about 20 cm from each other.
Do not regret that you have to rid the tree of some branches with fruits, because in return you have received a high-quality and rich harvest. Single fruits are not often affected by fruit rot and moth. It is also important to remember enough and regular watering, as it will help the spraying in the fight against insects that can harm the tree in places where the solution has not gotten.
Since not all crops are capable of overwintering, it is necessary to make a stock from the surviving branches. For grafting, trees are used, the diameter of which is about 1.5 cm, they must be grafted onto an apricot, cherry plum or plum. To do this, cut the tree with a sharp pruner carefully so as not to harm the bark, into which the cutting is then inserted and carefully attached with adhesive plaster or tape. You can protect the grafted tree by wrapping a bag over it. After a few months, the scion will grow together with the stock, and it will be possible to remove the scotch tape so that the tree can grow and develop on its own.
Peach Processing Video
In the video, a man demonstrates how to prepare Bordeaux liquid and how to process peach trees with it.
How and with what to process a peach?
The leaves began to curl, what could it be? Is there an ovary, what can be sprayed so as not to harm?
When the leaves on a peach curl, it is called "curly". Peach is afraid of temperature changes. And after the air temperature has a sharp drop, the peach begins to ache. In order for the peach not to get sick, you need to treat it with copper sulfate three times. The first time, the treatment should be carried out before bud break with a 1% solution of copper sulfate and then, with an interval of 1 to 2 weeks, 2 times, treat it with a 3% solution of Bordeaux liquid. And it is also necessary to treat trees with a solution of copper sulfate in the fall, when the leaves fall.
During the budding period, until the first peach flower has opened or a little earlier, the peach plant must be abundantly treated with Horus. As soon as the peach has faded, it must be treated again with the same preparation. No need to feel sorry for the Horus solution, liberally moisten all the buds, trunk, buds, ovary. In this way, I save the plant from curly leaves. And that is not always possible to save. If this disease appears on the plant, immediately tear off all damaged leaves and burn them. Constantly, as long as the air temperature rises above +23, then there is a possibility that the curliness of the peach leaves will fade away, since the increased air temperature and the sun's rays dull the development of this disease.
What is the spring processing of currants for?
With the first spring months and gradual warming, not only the berry shrub itself awakens, but also pests, as well as spores of fungal diseases.
But in order to be aware of what exactly to process currants in the spring from pests and diseases, you need to know and understand exactly who most often encroaches on your berry bush.
The very first early spring treatment of currants from pests is carried out against the following wintering stages of insect pests:
- leaf rollers
- aphids and other sucking and leaf-eating pests.
The second spring and subsequent treatments (including in summer) of currants are carried out against such pests as:
Advice! Mite buds You can collect by hand, and it is desirable as soon as possible, in other words, there is no need to wait for their swelling. To distinguish them from healthy kidneys, remember that they are always round, while healthy ones are elongated.
Be sure to burn all the collected kidneys!
Kidney mites — one of the main pests of currants, which, moreover, carry such an incurable disease as the reversion (terry) of currants.
- gooseberry (shoot) aphid
Important! On measures to combat aphids on currants detailed in this article.
Note! Ways to combat aphids on currants described in detail in this material.
- leaf roll on currants
- currant gall midge
- gooseberry (currant) sawfly
- gooseberry moth
- currant goldfish.
Spring and subsequent treatments of currants are carried out against the following diseases, which most often affect the bushes:
- septoria (white spot)
- goblet rust (orange)
- columnar rust (yellowish)
- reversion (terry) currants
It is carried by ticks, so it is very important to wage a serious fight with them.
How to treat a peach from pests in spring
The choice of the drug depends on the type of damage to the plant.
How to process a peach from aphids in spring
Renal swelling phase: drug DNOC against aphids and other wintering pests. The multiplicity of processing - no more than 1 time per season.
- Dissolve 50 g of the product in 10 liters of water.
- Spray plantings from a spray bottle: the norm is 10 liters per 100 sq. m.
The speed of action of DNOC is 3-4 days after application of the product, therefore, the treatment is recommended to be carried out in dry weather.
During the formation of buds, apply "Confidor Maxi"... The drug provides protection for 5-15 days. The product is toxic to bees and other beneficial insects, so the treatment is carried out when they are not flying: in the early morning or after sunset. Method of application (for 4-6 trees):
- Dissolve 1 g of the product in 10-14 liters of water, mix.
- Treat with a spray bottle, especially carefully - hard-to-reach areas.
The multiplicity of treatments "Confidor" - 1 time.
Peach treatment for scale insects in spring
The insect causes severe harm: it sucks juices from the bark, lays eggs and hibernates in it. Signs of damage: wilting of leaves, twisting tops of the shoot, stopping growth.
- Before bud break: the optimal time is in dry weather at a temperature not lower than 4 ° C. Dilute 500 ml of the drug "30 Plus" in 10 liters of water. Spray trunk and branches with hand sprayers or garden sprayers. Consumption rate - 2-5 liters of solution for 1 plant. Multiplicity of works - 1 time. You can replace the "30 Plus" drug "Prophylactin", since it has a similar method of application and dosage.
- After flowering (bud extension phase): 3 ml "Fufanona" dissolve in 10 liters of water. Consumption - 2-5 liters per tree. For spraying, choose dry, calm weather. If necessary, repeat the operation after 1.5-2 weeks.
What to do with peach ticks in spring
Trees are usually affected by bud and spider mites. In the first case, flower buds swell, become barrel-shaped. In the second, the leaves turn yellow and then fall off.
Colloidal sulfur will help to cope with mites. Processing should be carried out first before flowering, then immediately after it ends:
- Dissolve 10 g of sulfur in 10 liters of water.
- Spray branches with buds, leaves on both sides.
If the action of the sulfuric solution turned out to be insufficient, then acaricides and other drugs will help:
- Fitoverm... Dilute 1.5-2 ml in 1-2 liters of water, stir, bring to a volume of 10 liters. Spray from a spray bottle, observing the consumption rate - up to 5 liters per 1 tree. The multiplicity of treatments in the spring is 2 times: before and after the fall of the petals.
- "Bitoxibacillin": Dissolve 40-80 g of powder in 10 liters of water. Spray twice: before the flowers open and then after the petals fall.
How to process a peach from a peach bark beetle in spring
Pest control includes mechanical collection, destruction with chemical reagents:
- Scrape off the bark from the affected areas to determine how deep the beetle has buried.
- Fill the syringe "Antichashelin", insert the agent as deep as possible into the holes.
- Process the rest of the moves in the same way, then cover the holes with garden pitch. If there are many holes, apply the preparation with a roller, brush or spray.
Peach weevil treatment in spring
- In early spring (before the appearance of buds): spraying with urea, a preparation that not only fertilizes, but also destroys weevils. Dissolve 600 g of the substance in 10 liters of hot water, stir. To enhance the insecticidal effect, you can add 50 g of copper sulfate. Spray trees, especially vigorously in the affected areas.
- Spraying on a rosebud: "Topsin" or bordeaux liquid. Dissolve the first agent in water (15 g / 10 l), fill the spray bottle, spray the bark evenly on all sides. Bordeaux liquid (3%) is applied twice - before flowering, then after 2 weeks.
What to do with an oriental moth on a peach in spring
The danger of a pest is damage to the shoots and fruits of the plant. The fight against it should begin when caterpillars appear. The complex of measures consists in regular inspection of plantings, manual collection of individuals, burning of affected shoots, and the establishment of trapping belts. But the most effective method is chemical treatments, which are carried out at intervals of 15-20 days until the complete destruction of the eastern moth.
- Madex Twin... Dilute 1 g of the product in 10 liters of water, spray the trees (5 liters per one). The first introduction - at the time of hatching, 1-2 generations of larvae. Repeat 6 times every 8-14 days.
- "Karpovirusin"... Dissolve 10 ml in 10 l of water, stir. Consumption - 1-3 liters per 1 tree (depending on the degree of damage, age).
How to treat peach from fruit striped moth in spring
Caterpillars of the pest winter under the bark of thin branches, mainly in the forks. After awakening, they are introduced into the kidneys. After gnawing them, the cores are transferred to the shoots, causing exhaustion, and then death.
Prophylaxis should be started before bud break. To do this, spray the trees "Nitrafenom" (3%) or with DNOC (1%).
5-6 days after the end of flowering (complete fall of the petals), apply at your choice:
- "Karbofos"... Dilute the contents of the ampoules with 1-2 liters of water. Bring up the volume to 10 L by pouring in small portions with constant stirring. Spray the finished suspension with a sprayer, wetting the leaves as much as possible. Since "Karbofos" is toxic to bees, it should be used before or after the insects leave: early in the morning or in the evening. The drug is effective for 10-14 days, after which reapplication will be required.
- "Metaphos"... Dissolve the contents of 2 ampoules (10 ml) in 10 liters of water. Spray the trees with the resulting solution. Liquid consumption: young specimens - 2 liters, adults - 5 liters. The beginning of the action of "Metaphos" - in 2 days. In case of severe damage, repeat the treatment after 2 weeks.
Other control measures: installation of trapping belts on trunks, branches, pruning and burning of affected shoots.
How to properly spray your garden in spring
The effectiveness of the procedure depends entirely on how much right you will carry out the eradicating treatment of the garden in early spring. The rules are simple, but they must be followed:
- Choose a day without rain or wind for spraying. There should be no rain for several days after the procedure.If in the first days after using the contact drug there were precipitations, the treatment will need to be repeated.
- Dilute the solutions strictly according to the instructions. Exceeding the dose can harm the plant, and lower doses are ineffective.
- Wear protective gloves before diluting with the solution. Spraying is carried out in special glasses, rubber gloves, and a respirator.
- To avoid clogging the spray bottle, pour the solution into the bottle through the filter mesh.
- Copper sulfate cannot be diluted in iron buckets.
- Any kind of vitriol is dissolved in water with a temperature of about +40 .. + 50 degrees. That is, the water must be hot.
- To prepare solutions with soap and copper or iron sulfate, use dishwashing liquid or liquid soap. It is not recommended to use soap in briquettes, otherwise the iron and copper will not be divorced, but will simply precipitate to the bottom of the container.
We figured out when and how to properly process the spring garden. Now it remains to choose effective drugs for this event.
How to properly handle
There is a step-by-step instruction on how to process garden crops in spring.
- Before spraying, check the branches and trunk, clean with a brush. All branches that have lost their "marketable" appearance, dried up, are removed. Only after dry processing of wood and shrubs do they start "wet", namely with drugs for diseases and pests.
- For work, they choose a fine morning or evening, without wind, when the column on the thermometer of the thermometer is at least 2 degrees Celsius.
- The solution is prepared on the day for which the treatment is scheduled, but not in advance. The solution must be fresh.
- All branches of the tree and shrub should receive an equal amount of solution. You also need to process the trunk.
- Experienced gardeners advise to spray trees and shrubs from the top of the crown, gradually lowering the "shower" of the solution to the trunk.
- All bark damage found on the branches is processed with double effort.
- A prerequisite: all work is carried out in a protective mask, gloves are worn on hands.
What and when to spray fruit trees
Hello dear friends!
Nobody argues, environmentally friendly fruits are great! But their cultivation is laborious, it takes a lot of gardeners' time, and not everyone can do it.
No matter how much breeders fought, creating new, disease-resistant varieties and hybrids of plants, there are still no absolutely immune to harmful pathogens, despite all the advertising assurances of individual sellers of planting material. And all because the development of diseases and the spread of pests largely depends on climatic conditions during the growing season, and the weather, as you know, is unpredictable.
So it turns out that the gardener should always be ready for the appearance of dangerous infections and all kinds of gluttonous insects that encroach on his harvest. Well, if the wintering (last year's) forms are preserved on the site, an irreconcilable struggle between the gardener and the "freeloaders" will take place for the fruits and berries.
When, what, how and from whom to save fruit trees and shrubs, an indicative schedule for protecting the garden from pests and diseases will help.
How and when to spray fruit trees and shrubs:
Spraying apples and pears
March - early April. Hope you have done your early spring garden work. This includes cleaning up old bark and eliminating wintering nests of hawthorns and golden-tails. When pruning trees, it was necessary to cut out annual shoots with hibernating eggs of the ringed silkworm.
April. Upon reaching positive temperatures of 4 - 6 degrees - the treatment of the apple tree from the apple flower beetle. Overlay of hunting belts on boles with Pestifix glue.
At the end of April - processing of the garden from stocks of scab and fruit rot. To do this, during the green cone period (the period of swelling of the kidneys), 1% Bordeaux mixture (100 grams of copper sulfate + 100 grams of lime per 10 liters of water) should be used for spraying. Substitutes are also suitable - the drug "HOM" (40 grams per 10 liters of water), "Kartotsid" (40 - 60 grams per 10 liters of water), copper sulphate (100 grams per 10 liters of water), "Abigapik" (50 grams per 10 liters of water).
On the pear, at the beginning of bud break, mites are sprayed with "gray colloidal" (50 - 100 grams per 10 liters of water), "Neoron" (15 - 20 milliliters per 10 liters of water).
May. During the flowering period, it is possible to use biologically active preparations against the caterpillars of leaf rollers, such as Lepidocid (20-30 grams per 10 liters of water), Biotoxibacillin (40-80 grams per 10 liters of water), Fitoverm (1.5 - 2.0 milliliters per liter of water).
Immediately after the flowering of apple and pear trees, in the presence of scale insects, treat the trees against vagrants with Karbofos (75 - 90 grams per 10 liters of water). Spraying with "Aktara" preparation, preparation No. 30 is possible.
In the presence of upper-sided or lower-sided mining moths, it is possible to use "Fozolon" or "Rogora-S".
Against scab and powdery mildew, you can use the preparations "Skor" (2 milliliters per 10 liters of water) or "Topaz" (2 milliliters per 10 liters of water).
At the end of May, with the sum of effective temperatures above 10 degrees, corresponding to the moth's summer, it is recommended to treat apple and pear trees in the evening (from 19 to 24 hours) with insecticides. To do this, you need one of these drugs: Kinmix (2.5 milliliters per 10 liters), Karate (2 milliliters per 10 liters), Karbofos (75 - 90 grams per 10 liters), Insegar ( 5 grams per 10 liters), "Calypso". Pome crops can be re-sprayed after 14 to 16 days.
It is advisable to use Fitoverm (1.5 - 2 milliliters per 1 liter) and Hostaquik (2 milliliters per 10 liters) against aphids.
June. In the first summer month, under unfavorable conditions, a second treatment against the codling moth may be necessary. The preparations are the same as in May. In order to prevent addiction, it is better to alternate the drugs.
In the presence of mites, trees should be treated with Neoron (15-20 milliliters per 10 liters of water), Colloidal sulfur (50-100 grams per 10 liters of water).
Against scab, apply "Skor" (2 milliliters per 10 liters of water), "Agat-25" (1.2 grams per 6 liters), copper sulfate (15 - 20 grams per 10 liters of water), "Impact".
July. This month, seed crops are treated with a weak solution of copper sulfate (5 - 10 grams per 10 liters of water). This technique has a deterrent effect - there will be no weevils on the trees.
All synthetic treatments should be discontinued 20 days before harvest.
So, we figured out how and when to spray fruit trees of pome crops.
Spraying stone fruit crops
We include cherry, sweet cherry, plum, blackthorn, apricot, peach to stone fruit crops. They have their own tree processing schedule.
April. During the period when buds begin to bloom, against fungal diseases, it is necessary to treat trees with copper-containing preparations. Let me remind you: this is a 1% Bordeaux mixture, copper sulfate (100 grams per 10 liters), "Kartotsid" (60 grams per 10 liters) and copper oxychloride (40 grams per 10 liters), it is permissible to use "Kuprozan", "Khomycin" according to the instructions ...
May. After flowering stone fruit crops, it is necessary to carry out repeated treatments with copper-containing preparations. Plum trees, immediately after flowering, should be sprayed against the plum thickfoot with karbofos (75 - 90 grams per 10 liters of water) or "Decis" (2 milliliters per 10 liters of water), etc.
June. At an air temperature above + 10 degrees, the first treatment is carried out against the plum moth with karbofos (75 - 90 grams per 10 liters) and "Fozolon" (according to the instructions). The second treatment is possible with the same preparations after 12-14 days.
Treatment of cherries against cherry flies (approximately the second half of June) with coniferous extract, infusion of garlic, wormwood decoction or preparations "Cymbush" (1.5 milliliters per 10 liters of water), "Kinmix" (2.5 liters per 10 liters of water), etc. ...
From scab, coccomycosis, moniliosis, clasteroporia, it is necessary to treat stone fruit cultures with copper preparations. In addition to 1% Bordeaux mixture and copper sulfate (100 grams per 10 liters), it is possible to use "Kartotsid" (60 grams per 10 liters of water) or copper oxychloride (40 grams per 10 liters of water).
July. Spraying trees with "Lepidocid" (20 - 30 grams per 10 liters of water), "Bitoxibacillin" (40 - 80 grams per 10 liters of water), "Fitoverm" (1.5 - 2.0 milliliters per 10 liters of water) against larvae cherry slimy sawfly.
All synthetic treatments should be discontinued 20 days before harvest.
Read about the protection of berry bushes in the article "How to spray the garden"